Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New from France
Thread: New from France
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 06:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
PeaceMaker

The true with Europe is that they is only one major place for riding/skiing : the Alps. We have other mountains in Europe, but the highest and the more snow-covered mountains are the Alps. The best evidence is the over-attendance of foreigners (we could almost say "hello" instead of "bonjour" because the probability that the guy be foreigner is high).

That's why, finally, I don't want to ride in another place in Europe especially if I'm living near the Alps. It's silly to get abroad and spend a lot for less interesting mountains in Europe.

Nevertheless, I only rided the French Alps, and I'd like to try in Switzerland, because some stations are really nice in this country.

Quote:
I will be sure to let you know if I'm over next season!!
I will be in a French station (Var - cheap station but really good, with one of the best park in the Alps) in January & February 2012 for my next season. If you want to come over this period, I may accomodate you. It's up to you.

Quote:
I would like to add however that many of the best boarders I have met are American
You're right, and it's a silly situation, because winter sports are definitely a growth driver for our economy and a real passion for a lot of French. But, only skiing is recognized in our country. Riding is under-exploited because of the French Federation of Skiing and the ESF (for some of you who visited the French Alps, you certainly saw the red-dressed guys with the ESF logo ).

They hold a monopoly in France and they are corporatist. Due to this fact, snowboarding can't be developed further. children are motivated to practice more skiing than snowboarding and professional riders can't access to good equipment. It's a pity and a shame.

That's why in Snowboarding competitions, the best riders are Americans.

Board: LibTech Skate Banana 145
Bindings: Burton Malavita M/L
Boots: Nitro team TLS
PeaceMaker is offline   Reply With Quote