Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - How to "Summerize" your Board?
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 11:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
bamfb2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
NWboarder28 has got you covered...the only thing I would add is to wipe down your edges with a rag that has some WD-40 or any light machine oil on to prevent any rust from humidity in storage.

Of course we don`t have your problem out here in the PNW as we have hikable snow all year......

You can also just put some spray wax on the edges instead of WD40. As an East Coaster, I like to clean the base with some citrus de-waxer. The reason for this is that, on the East Coast, you are generally riding on pure pre-made snow base at the end of the season. They use a dark oily substance in making the base at the start of the season, to keep it from melting and icing too quickly. At the end of the season, that crap gets all over your board. I think it is good to get it off and keep it from either soaking into or damaging the base of your board in any way.

Once the board is clean, I simply spray wax the whole bottom, including the edges and put it in my board bag for the summer. The spray wax keeps it 'wet' and protects the base. It won't rub off or evaporate/dry-out in the bag.

Then next year, I just wipe the base with a rag and do the usual hot wax. That's my East Coast method.

Last edited by bamfb2; 04-17-2011 at 11:39 AM.
bamfb2 is offline   Reply With Quote