Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Snowshoe, WV?

2K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  snowbunni 
G
#1 ·
Ok, well I am from north carolina and have never been out of the slopes here since this is my first season. School lets out for spring break next week and as an attempt to get me to come home to the family, my dad offered to take me on a trip to snowshoe for three days (sunday - monday). I have heard of it, but not much about it. I alwasy assumed because of that, that it was just a small slope in nc or virgina somewhere. After looking at the trail map I realized I was completly wrong. So just wondering, anybody been there, and what do you think about it? How are the trails for freeriding? How are the terrain parks?

#2 ·
It's a really fun place lots of Vertical for that area of the country. The parks were OK, not great but not bad at all. It's a reverse mtn., meaning the last run of the day is on a lift instead of a trail. You'll have fun for sure. They get some good storms there to, cross your fingers maybe you'll get one.
How far is it from you?

G
#3 · (Edited)
its four hours away from my home town where i will be driving from. I am not sure what you meant about a reverse mountain. i do know that for night sessions, you have to go to a whole another slope which isn't open during the day, which I kinda of thought stunk at first, then i realized that, that means I won't have to wait for them to groom the slopes (aka, the lift ticket will say 9am - 9pm, which really means it) and I will have a whole new place to explore halfway through the day. just the only bad thing is, is that the night slope area seemed a lot smaller than the other slope area, meaning it might be a lot more crowded at night.

as far as snow storms, i wish, but according to the weather, monday it will be a high of 50 with 30% chance of rain and tuesday it will be a high of 44 with 60% chance of rainrain :( (those will be the two days will will actually be on the slopes) the rain will suck, but i will be so physcied to go ride, i wont even care.

#8 ·
Snowshoe has 2 different parts to the resort. Snowshoe itself and Silver Creek. Snowshoe is MUCH larger but doesnt offer night boarding. Silver Creek is a little smaller but the entire thing is open for the night, it is also open during the day. They are part of the same resort so your lift ticket works for both and are not far apart at all, about a 5 minute ride on the complementary shuttle that Snowshoe offers. I love Snowshoe and try to make it out there as much as I can. Its a real great time and I'm sure you'll love it. Make sure you hit Shays Revenge and Cupp Run while you are there. They are really fun runs. Even in crappy conditions Snowshoe is pretty fun, hope you luck out though and the weather gets better.

G
#9 ·
damn, im really looking forward to it now! i will most defiantly check out those slopes. weather wise, i will have my fingers crossed for a few days to see how the weather forecast changes.

G
#10 ·
I just got back from snowshoe, went thurs,fri, came home saturday,,,,this was my first time there, and my third time boarding...i had so much fun!!! loved this place, thank god we had good weather, and it snowed friday afternoon all day, it was great conditions...I cant wait to go back!!! Im from NC as well, but its a 7 seven hour drive for me

G
#12 ·
Ya I went a week ago and it was awesome!The views are beautiful as well. I took probably 200 pics when I went up there. The lodging and food is great as well! I stayed in this little cabin thing called overlook village it was a one bedroom studio with a kitchen and what not down the hill from snowshoe about 7 miles.. The lifts do stop running at 4:30. It gets extremely hazy which I believe is why they close so early. Also if you get car sickness this place is in the middle of nowhere in the mountains!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.