Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Problem: Riders in Landing Area
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 10:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
slyder
Veteran Member

Feel out the situation. You will be able to tell if the group or person doesn't know any better, newer rider, a guy just being a tool.
Then the appropriate comments from you at that point.

I have run across several instances. Had a group hiking a box, cool and all but they were all standing in the approach so riders coming off the lift and hitting the features had a hard time or couldn't even hit the box.
I asked them nicely to move, I missed the box 2 more times as they didn't. 3rd time I blasted right into the middle of them rode the box and rode away. On my way up the lift again, I looked over and they all left and didn't return.
Might not have been totally right on my part but I did ask nicely the first time and voiced my frustration when I missed the box when they were still there with a loud sigh no words.

I always try to move quickly to the side after a crash even if it hurt bad to make room for the other riders. I can recoup my senses on my time this way.

Good Luck