Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - banff resorts extending?
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 10:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
roremc
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
hmmm, my guy said he was talking to the owners of a couple of the places and they were talking about keeping them open. Oh well i guess i will know in a couple of weeks either way.

How much harder is the easiest parts of the dive vs the south chutes? i am thinking about getting in there next year just not sure about where i need to be before i buy the avy gear.
I think the problem is that at a point people just stop coming. I mean the season pass holders will still come but they dont make much money of people like us. I would imagine that once golf courses start opening people have an alternative to riding/skiing.

Have you had a look at the dive yet? If not you can hike to the viewing platform from the top of the divide chair.
There are a couple of places to enter but I would say the easiest is at the bottom of the stairs. From that point I would say it is a little steeper than the south side chutes. You can hire avy gear in Banff if you need. IMO the risk in the main part of the dive is very low. I think they use the beacon thing to keep the numbers low.
Keep in mind there is a walkout at the end of about 150 meters. But if you get it on a pow day its pretty amazing!