Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Did you experience a fundamental shift in attitude when you were learning to board?
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 04:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
East告de
Veteran Member

i think its just being confident in yourself, mixed with a little bit a "fuck-it" attitude - the more i ride, the more i learn, and what I've learned thus far is this:

(this is with the assumption that you can ride safely down the mountain, link turns, etc.) The only limitations on you are the ones you set on yourself, and the moments when you doubt yourself are the moments when you're destined to fail. This weekend was my first weekend handling double black runs and moguls (fyi i fucking hate moguls now)and this was easily the steepest, roughest terrain I've ridden so far... But i looked down the run, realized it's a run made of snow and that I'm going to ride down it like every other run, and guess what? I did. Sure, it was tough, and I fell a few times trying to maneuver between the moguls, but I made it, and I did it because I knew I could.
It's the same thing with every rail, every jump, every run... I've never landed a jump that I tried where I was thinking "i might fall" beforehand..and sure, sometimes you fall, but you pick yourself up and try again. No guts, no glory, right?

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East告de is offline   Reply With Quote