Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Helmet Nazi's and so it begins
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 06:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
SimonB

The cop thing is ridiculous though... It would be quite easy to enforce, you have a junior ticket and not helmet, you can not get on the lift.

I understand what you guys are talking about personnal freedom of choice and all. But you also got to understand that in most cases, a head injury will not kill you (sorry natural selection...) but can get you severely injured and possibly disabled. Where I live the whole health care system is public, and we also have public welfare programs. If someone gets injured and disabled everyone is paying for him... and possibly for the rest of his life. I also understand that snowboarding is a dangerous sport and that shit happens. I just don't want to pay for someone who hit his head and did not have a helmet just because that is "his choice".

BA, props for wearing a helmet in the mid 90s. I boarded at that time and I honestly would not have worn one... ever. But in 2011, I just cannot justify not wearing one.
SimonB is offline   Reply With Quote