Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Helmet Nazi's and so it begins
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 09:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
cjcameron11
Veteran Member

I dont see why this would really be an issue, i mean lets be honest if you do happen to fall and smack your head you will do considerably less damage wearing a helmet. will it prevent all injurys? no but it may be the difference between death or a concussion. Now as far as imposing on you rights and freedom of choices, cmon man give me a break anyone who still believes that the US is a "free do what i want" country is kidding themselves. It shouldnt be either, i am an Aussie who lived in the states for 5 years and loved every minute of it, my wife is from there and we go back every year but i seriously dont get why people are so ANTI rules and regulations. while the helmet issue may not save hundreds of lives if it saves someones child then why would it not be worth it? as for seat belts and helmets on bikes, why shouldnt they be compulsory? what possible reason could you give me that would argue against something making you and your family safer? and how could anyone use the argument that being forced to wear a seatbelt is an infringment on your rights? you still have the right not to drive if you dont like the law, how bout we just say that we can kill people because it is our right? I know thats a bit extreme but where does the line start or stop?