Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Helmet Nazi's and so it begins
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 09:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
BurtonAvenger
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjcameron11 View Post
well after reading heaps of shit on this forum i know there is no point in arguing with a fuckwit like yourself who think he is the be all and end all of snowboarding and snowboarding knowledge, apart from the fact you try and belittle other people who dont share the same ignorant views as you, you write on this forum like someone who has little man syndrome and cant be an arrogant prick anywhere else but online. As far as your own choices an liberty etc etc IF you have ever been to Australia you would know that not only are we raised with more freedom and rights than the US but we live a considerably more comfortable and crime/violence/probem free life than someone of comparable age and background in the US. As for Franklin, i believe when he said that (a long time ago) he would have been referencing problems and/or situations in his immediate time and surely it does not pertain to the present issue of keeping people safe when possible. Apart from BA's lame response i still hear no legit argument as to why wearing a helmet or seatbelt is something that infringes on your rights? Anyone who has something productive to say without trying to act like some wanna be alpha male feel free to respond. Cheers
Aww is someone upset because I have a strong opinion and don't give a fuck if it offends people? Don't be pissed I know more about snowboarding than you ever will. If you want to step into that arena of argument and debate bring your man pants and a good understanding of google.

You are not from here so it is not your tax dollars being rolled into paying the police to go enforce this. California tried to do this a year or two ago and the bill didn't pass. Helmets might save lives but when it's our choice as to whether or not we will inherently risk ourselves that is the issue. Would you like it if the government suddenly said hey you know what you've been doing one way your whole life and we've never bothered you for it? Well now we want that to change because one person who had a bad ordeal suddenly feels the need to push their agenda on a whole state or even country. That's what we're dealing with.

Why would I want a police officer on the hill ticketing kids for not wearing a helmet when they could actually be doing something of real value? It's like this countries war on drugs we've lost it yet they keep shoving money at it thinking they'll fix the problem.

Your country is fucking desolate like to the point what 80% of it doesn't house people? Ours on the other hand is just urban sprawl with too many half wits taking up space eating high fructose corn syrup and letting t.v. drain their thought process. You're comparing your country which is a turd to ours which is an apple. Both might be round, ours might turn brown, but yours is still excrement.