Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Helmet Nazi's and so it begins
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 10:06 PM   #27 (permalink)
BurtonAvenger
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Jer View Post
I'm hoping its the sue part that you are agreeing with and not the rest of my logic?
It's definitely the sue logic he's agreeing with. That's become one of the biggest issues in this country is everyone just thinks they'll make a quick buck by suing people. Oh no my hot coffee was hot, oh no the wet floor was wet, oh no the disease infested hooker gave me herpes. People are becoming too scared to live because they'll get sued. I remember when I was a kid my friend fell in the neighbors yard and twisted his knee, the people that owned the house made my friends parents sign a piece of paper to not sue them. This was like in 87 now it's even more common place.

Hell work in a tune shop and mount skis the liability release forms are fucking huge sign in three spots, initial here, tech signature there, tech initials there, blah blah blah basically its to cover everyones ass so you can't be sued. I remember when the legalities of working in a tune shop changed and people could not only sue the shop but the individual that worked on the skis/snowboard. A few years ago I remember a chick coming in who just bought a full set up at Sports Authority and they sent her to my shop to have us set it up because they didn't have anyone that could do it and they were afraid they'd get sued. Sued over 8 frigging screws. Funny thing was a year after that one of the other shops owned by that company I worked for got sued for that exact reason.