Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Helmet Nazi's and so it begins
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 06:07 PM   #79 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

My question still remains: What about the good parents that raise their kids right and want them to wear a helmet? Like I said, minors (adults too) are very susceptible to peer pressure. Billy sees all his friends not wearing one (usually not the case anyway), so he feels compelled to not wear one no matter how well he was taught and raised.

That doesn't mean the parent is not doing their job or that the kid is bad. There were just other variables involved. That parent might appreciate this rule.

But I do agree with the tax payer thing. Cops on the hill are BS. I like the one Wolfie mentioned. It's enforced for them to wear one and it's up to the parents to decline. That's a great way to do it.

At any rate, my dislike towards the law is not the act of forcing kids to wear one... it's the penalties and basically making it a crime. That part is BS. And it sets a precedent.

The type of argument against the law I don't see eye to eye on is the whole "it's up to the parents". I already pointed out why.

The food rule is Flaming BS. However, it's very different from the helmet law. They are enforcing the diet on all their students. This includes those that already eat healthy meals at home. On top of all that, they are intruding in on the families' culture be it ethnic or family traditions.

As a parent, it would be nice to know that a resort has some sort of helmet rule (not law) in place to compliment my enforcement of it.

Although in reality, I plan on shredding together with my son haha.