Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Helmet Nazi's and so it begins
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 05:33 PM   #80 (permalink)
cjcameron11
Veteran Member

Its nice to see this tread has gone to some logical responses, i agree on the food in school issue, while the best intentions may be to help kids eat healthier the fact remains it is a very different issue from wearing a helmet while participating in an "extreme" sport. Education is probably the key in both situation along with more choices (for the food, give education then give options) And as far as the food issue, i for one was shocked when i went to Uni over there and went to the cafeteria and there was pizza, hotdogs, burgers then the other choice was on little old ass looking salad bar and a quizno's. Not reall what i was expecting from a University caf.

As far as many people have said i think police enforcing this on the mountains is BS and i agree they should be doing something more productive like fining people for having a broken tail light or maybe doing 2 miles over the speed limit jk. I agree with snowolf in saying that tort law needs to be revised as i think that one of the biggest messed up laws throught the western world (albeit more in the US) is that anyone can sue for anything, i think i read an article of someone robbing a house cut themselves on the broken window they used to get in and sued for damages for having an unsafe property or something like that. Regardless of all this i think a few people have hit the nail on the head saying that we as a responsible society need to sometime make rules to protect our youth who can make somewhat questionable decisions from time to time