Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Helmet Nazi's and so it begins
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #89 (permalink)
East告de
Veteran Member

All I'm going to say in regards to your statistics is this:

1. if the law stops even one kid from having a serious or fatal head injury, it's worth it
2. just because "only" 40 people per year are injured doesn't mean that that's entirely accurate - many people may have injuries they don't report (ie. concussions where they are not treated, like mine)
3. i played competitive paintball for years - super serious, super hardcore. and i believe there are less injuries in paintball than even in bowling. Guess what? We still wear protective gear, including goggles/face protection, knee pads, elbow pads, etc.

I just think this whole thing has been way overblown. Sure, there's tons of bigger issues the government could be spending money on..however, this is a state government law, not a federal law, so if you aren't in the state that demands it, it has little to no bearing on you. In addition, there are a MILLION wasteful ways the government spends money... I can think of a lot that are way stupider and unnecessary than insisting that minors wear helmets while snowboarding.

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East告de is offline   Reply With Quote