Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Helmet Nazi's and so it begins
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 07:54 AM   #101 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by labowsky View Post
if someone wants to put their life at risk, let them do it, if they die well that sucks but whose fault is it? the persons.
if a kid wants to ride without a helmet let him
, are we really trying to force something a trivial as a helmet?? guess they don't know it only protects your head.
really making a law will make kids wear a helmet even less cause the police wants the, to do it.
but im sure this has been said i was just to lazy to read through all these pages
Kids don't make the best judgment calls. My roof, my rules. Like I said, it would be nice to know that ski patrol would revoke my kids' passes if they disobey me and the resort's policy. That doesn't just stop at helmets, that goes for all other policies on the slopes including proper etiquette.

I'm not for this law. I like the idea of it and as Wolfie and others pointed out, there are better ways to do this without the mighty hand of the law. I don't want to sit next to a cop on skis. Although it would be fun to watch how much they get sprayed and see how they handle the situation.

I'm also fully aware that a lot of people, including adults, use helmets for the wrong reasons. And whether or not it does something subconscious to us is both debatable and impossible to prove. All I know is, I'm going to make it very clear that a helmet is not going to save them from injury altogether.

On a related note, I find it very interesting to see Kevin Pearce fiercely defending this law on Twitter.