Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Helmet Nazi's and so it begins
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #108 (permalink)
JeffreyCH
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by East§ide View Post
First of all, the cell phone tapping is entirely different - and for what it's worth, if tapping my cellphone would've stopped 9/11, then yes, tap my cell phone. Whatever I'm trying to hide isn't as important as saving people's lives.
I don't believe that any organized terrorist cell would use a phone for much, I believe they discuss these things face to face. So maybe we should have surveillance cams and microphones in every house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by East§ide View Post
And in regards to how to police this - it's very simple. You normally have someone stationed at the tops and bottoms of lifts right? Well, if someone gets off the lift and takes their helmet off, the operator at the top of the lift could easily radio down to the person at the bottom of the lift. When that rider gets down there, the lower lift operator can ask them to see ID if they're of questionable age, or otherwise tell them they can't get onto the lift until they've got a helmet on. It's pretty damn simple. Resorts would be able to enforce the rule pretty easily, and would need to since it's not just policy but law. If a minor was to get hurt on resort property without a helmet on, it could end up negatively for the resort.
Ummm if it's a law, then a citation has to be issued somehow. If no citations are issued the law becomes moot and no one respects it. So what is the point of wasting any (public) time, money or other resources on it? IMO if we got rid of stupid shit like this we wouldn't be in the economic situation we are in. If it's a policy then the resort is solely responsible for enforcing it. Then it would be as you stated.

**On a side note. Who the hell would take their helmet off at the top of the lift? What are ya gonna do, carry it while you ride so you look cool not wearing a helmet And if you have enough room in your backpack for a helmet, then why are you wearing a backpack to begin with ....I know to carry your helmet down the hill so you look cool