Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Helmet Nazi's and so it begins
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 02:17 PM   #123 (permalink)
East告de
Veteran Member

i dont disagree with many of the points on this page, i really dont. theyre all valid in their own right.

just answer me this :

is this really that big a deal? like.. should this really merit 13 pages of debate?
I would suppose itll be a very long time before some rich douchebag's 19 year old dies and there's a law that makes it mandatory for adults. As an adult himself, the dead teenager's rich dad has no recourse and no room to complain. BUT..perhaps that rich 19 year old has had to wear a helmet since he was 16 since its the law, and because of that, when he's 19, he's still wearing a helmet.and so that day when he hits his head on a rock and wouldve otherwise checked out of this world, hes still there, being some rich douchebags son.

Like I said, I think you all make valid points..I just find it hard to argue that this is really an issue worthy of your points, as complicated as you're all making it to be, and why, if we can all agree it's safer to wear helmets, that it even deserves a debate. I get the whole "we should be able to choose for ourselves and let the parents be parents" argument, but what about this : Lets say your 15 year old son and his friend are going snowboarding. You're a good parent, and you've taught your son well..he knows to wear his helmet while riding..and not to just say he will, but to actually do it. Except he goes out with his friend one day who's parents consist of a mom popping percs like tic-tacs and a dad who's always staring at the bottom of a bottle and who DON'T make him wear a helmet..they get to the mountain, and your son sees his friend not wearing his helmet..and even though he knows better, he's still a 16 year old kid who makes bad decisions sometimes, so he takes his helmet off too. The next day, your son is in a hospital bed with tubes up his nose and down his throat, machines monitoring his heartbeat and vital signs because his brain is a bowl of jello from smashing his head on a rail. Guess what? Your right to choose, and your quality parenting, are worth approximately dick now.

Never Summer Evo 153/Restricted ReFlex Cartel
Gnu Danny Kass 156 BTX
East告de is offline   Reply With Quote