Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Jackson Hole Backcountry Camp
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 09:02 AM   #7 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51Fifty View Post
Great point, I just looked it up and it seems jackson hole is on the list of companies that provide such a course: AIARE Avalanche Course Providers - link is directly off of aiare.org.

Don't think I plan on becoming a guide but was thought this could be a cool trip idea for next year assuming I can get some friends to man up (they require 3 peeps minimum).

I figure doing something like this is ideal for a first experience because they educate you the right way instead of just going rogue with people who don't know shit.
That is the first step. Second is to make sure the one you are attending is going to be an aiare course. Guide services who are aiare certified do not always teach an aiare course. As I said before, I believe your level I should be an aiare course. After that, it's up to you if you as to how you want to explore your backcountry education. For most, a level I course is more than enough.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote