Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

im so lost with this stuff?

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Jenzo 
#1 ·
I had alot of accidents this year with backcountry travel. Im looking into some safety equitment, medical, cummunication, all that stuff.
If you have anything you reccomend please share. Im not very experianced, 1st year doing backcountry stuff.
ive snowboarded for 2 years. If that helps you know how clueless i am. :D

#2 ·
I don't know what your skill-level is, but if your relatively new to snowboarding you may want to hone your skills more before you devote yourself to serious backcountry. I know that in most accidents you don't have a whole lot of control of the scenario, but being an expert at freeriding certainly gives you the ability to be more responsive in a bad situation.

I haven't gotten into backcountry yet so I can't give you solid advice, Snowolf and Killclimbz know a lot however.

#8 ·
On top of what Snowolf said, I would also advise you (or at least 1 of your crew) get some first aid and emergency management training. knowing how to read avalanche terrain, and digging people out is all well and good, but if no one knows what to do once they are dug out it's no good.

#11 ·
Oh Lord, don't even joke about it. WAY too many people seriously think the Recco reflector in their boots, pants, jacket, whatever actually IS a beacon. It's insane.

People need to start seeing Recco for what it primarily is - a body recovery tool. If someone is finding you via Recco, they're probably finding your corpsicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.