Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2011, 08:46 AM   #288 (permalink)
mdc

I've reviewed the Proto CT from my 1 day demo in VT from Feb. already, but I got my hands on my very own Proto and rode it in Utah 2 weeks ago for 5 days!

I'm riding the 157 Proto CT with 2011 Auto Evers. I'm 6'1" 200 lbs.

Rode the first 2 days at Solitude. These were the closing days at the mountain. They had gotten 40 inches of snow the week before I got there. Warm slushy conditions. Deep heavy unridden pow/slush in the woods. The board did great, floated well in the quick cement like powder and did fine on the slushy groomers. The snow was very sticky, the Proto did a good job and retained it's wax quite well. The groomer I could find that were shaded were super fun, and the Proto ripped trenches in the snow.

Days 3 and 4 were at Snowbird. Day 1 at Snowbird was rain at the base and snowing balls at the peak. Needless to stay I stayed up high. Very wet heavy snow. The board rode well in the powder. It does get tossed around a bit in the chopped up heavy snow, if I lived in UT with all my gear I would not have ridden the Proto that day because I'd have ridden a longer damper board, but it still did fine. Great in the trees that were untracked. I can't say how well this board turns in tight spaces. Tho tight trees out west don't really exist compared to what I'm used to riding on the East Coast. Day 2 at Snowbird was killer. We got 10 inches of heavy wet snow on day 1, and another 10 of fluff that night. It got colder and sucked some of the moisture out and made for a blower day. Face shots all day long, the Proto was super fun. Floated super in the deep steeps, deep flats, deep trees. This is the kind of day we all live for and the Proto performed flawlessly.

Day 5 was at Brighton and was another great pow day. The Proto did great and I found a nice cliff with a great landing and sessioned that for quite some time. The board pops well and provided a nice landing in the pow.

Hope this helps anyone who reads it.

MDC
mdc is offline   Reply With Quote