Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Taxing cars by the mile?
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 10:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
slyder
Veteran Member

We all have a feel for each other and known each other on this forum, and I agree we should help those that can't, work or need assistance do to illness etc. My good friend will never work again and he is in his mid 50's. This is the boy I helped to gear up for snowboarding this year.

What makes me made is the people who abuse the programs, sell the food stamps (cards), can but choose not to take proper care in raising their kids and have kids to young. Who themselves then get into the system.

My wife and I, like many of us, go to work eveyday and work very hard, yes I'm fortunate and thankful for a good job. My point is I try to take care of my family and but we as a society can't keep paying for programms that don't work !!!

I think I am average middle class and I got into a debt and am getting my self out. But with rising fuel, FOOD, taxes, local, state, fed it is getting much and much more difficult to stay positive. I"m trying to save for retirement as NO government SS will be there for me and they want more each time. Every few years I loose tons of money in my 401 do to some crisis, black this, terrorist act, housing crash you name it

Really not sure where I"m going with this but I'm not out to screw or abandond man kind but I also need to meet and take care of my obligations as well and like all of us that is getting harder each year
and I agree with this Donutz:
Bottom line: minimalist government, not because I think it's wrong to help the less fortunate, but because I think the current system is creating a lot of the less fortunate.

Side note: SnowJeeper where you at in WI??

Last edited by slyder; 05-05-2011 at 10:35 PM.