Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Taxing cars by the mile?
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2011, 01:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Music Moves
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Not only this, but what is even worse is they will turn around and use this tax revenue for the general fund to pay for their pet projects and not maintain the roads.
And roads in areas with much more precipitation, as is the case in the PNW, need more attention...

But yeah, my contention is that misappropriations are one of the largest underlying factors of taxpayer reluctance. The misappropriation of levy funds that were "discovered" after Katrina is somewhat recent proof that it happens regularly on a large and recurring basis. When it comes to funds of this nature (those for which no one keeps a close watch due to the "lack of urgency of need" interpreted "UNTIL PEOPLE DIE") it is a bit easier to facilitate the misappropriations. As these types of offenses have been learned over and over again and gone unpunished/uncorrected (mostly), people just hate to have to pay more taxes. I'd openly support a functional social financial pool if there was any trust to be rendered, but to our misfortune, that's not the case... and I've been weary from it for a long time.

Last edited by Music Moves; 05-09-2011 at 01:30 PM.