Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Online Snowboard Retailers (E-tailers) Guide
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2011, 03:16 PM   #148 (permalink)
caribou

Thumbs up

Thanks for throwing this together, definitly helped with my end of the season shopping spree (cosuldn't help myself). Picked up some burton CO2s at a great price from the source.

Another Canadian friendly US site to tack on to the list would be REI.com, bit of a steep shipping cost, but when you find a $600 board at 30% off it's worth it

edit: Aparently REI (and everyone else) advertise that they ship to Canada but in fact have vendor deals with most manufactures that they can't sell their goods outside the US border. What a load of BS

That sweet deal I was talking about was on an Arbor A-Frame, which seems to retail at just over 600 USD. That same board here in Canada retails for 750 CDN, even though our dollar is stronger. In europe it's worse, the A-frames I've seen on-line or in the shops here in France go for 750 EURO! That's over $1000!

So long story short, after much searching and phonecalls, found a board shop in Toronto that's selling the A-Frame for %40 off the retail price, and I have one on lay-away untill I get home for a visit in June. Damn thing's still costing me more than it would on REI with the %30 discount AND shipping.

Comming to the realisation that even snowboard companies are cut-throat and greedy when it comes to thier pricing just sucks. Where's the love?

Last edited by caribou; 05-23-2011 at 08:16 AM.
caribou is offline   Reply With Quote