Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 12:05 PM   #308 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolefan2011 View Post
Question then, is the Proto not that fun to just cruise around on? I really wanted something for the trees, bumps, and natural stuff, but still get some fun on groomers. I already have a bomber ride, and am looking for something for the trees, etc.
I didn't say that lol. The Proto is a very good groomer board. So is the Banana Magic. Thing is, I don't like the Magic for freestyle. The board is overall stiff and more so in the tips.

What type of tree riding do you do? Here in MI, our tree runs are tight. They aren't wide open like out west. The Evo is my preferred board for tree riding here. The softer flex and more torsional give make for easy, quick edge transitions.

I hear the Proto is awesome in the trees, but people were riding it out at Jay Peak. The trees are more open out there. I took the Proto through the tree runs here as well and while it wasn't horrible, I wanted something softer torsionally. The Evo filled that spot.