Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Season Pass: local hill or park hill??
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2011, 08:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
slyder
Veteran Member

Default Season Pass: local hill or park hill??

Season 3 is upon my kids and me.
Back ground:
  • Midwest southeast Wisconsin
  • We ride all round
  • Ride 1-3 times a week
  • learning and progressing in jumps and park, all of us

My dilemma: I can only afford 1 season pass for the family. Our local hill is about 30 minutes driveway to lift. The park is OK, lots of rails that I can't ride and some boxes. Jumps are above our level and seem aimed at the more intermediate to advanced rider. Not many features for beginner to beginner-intermediate if you can follow that.

A hill 1 1/2 hours away is a very good park hill and has a 1/2 pipe to boot. Many features for beginner on up. They do lots of sponsored events, don't know what this would do for me, but the kids would enjoy watching.

Also the kids bring friends quite often with us. This is also a consideration as our local hill they friends can use their student ID for discount and can go shorter time and still be worth it.
The farther hill still affordable, no discount though and would deffinately be a full day 9-9 kinda trip.

All this for: do we get a season pass at the hill that is closer and we will ride many many more times OR get a pass to a hill that is father that I can only ride every other week?

Just looking for some thoughts, previous experience, etc...
-Slyder

Last edited by slyder; 05-19-2011 at 08:21 PM.
slyder is offline   Reply With Quote