Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Season Pass: local hill or park hill??
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 06:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
slyder
Veteran Member

Thanks for the input guys, this is kinda the line of what I have been thinking.
Mhaas, yes our local hill is Alpine and I was considering Tyrol Basin. Granite Peak is a 3 hour trip 1 way. We did it this year but it was expensive, total nearly $600 but I did 2 night stay. I could reduce it to a 1 night stay. I even thought of driving up/back same day. But I think I would be toast and safety of driving. I drive for a living so I know my limits and with a massive day of driving/riding not sure I want to try that, we'll see.

I think I will have the kids ask for a gift certificate or pass for one of the farther hills for birthdays and Christmas and save their allowance's so we can do a longer or more park kinda trip. Some of the other hills sometimes have specials to like mentioned above so I will try to capitalize on those as well.

There have been times this year with our season pass at the local hill that we did leave early. We got banged up or way to crowded or bad conditions. Once we only had an 1 1/2 hours to ride and we had a blast even on the short trip.

Thanks for the input and if you have any more advice plz post it up. Also saving for some more SA videos to help this dad advance, now if I could just talk the kids into watching them lol

-Slyder