Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Not even a free breakfast
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
KIRKRIDER
Veteran Member

Not all has to be based on profit. Basic services of as industrialized society can be paid by taxes and statalized, like firefighters, police, the army and Health care, like in the rest of the world. Especially if you don't have a (useless) war per generation to pay for.
Oil companies make billions because they are subsidized. They are because they pay off politicians to defend the company's interests intead of ours...and we pay much more than we should. Not to mention fuel efficiency that here in US is a JOKE compared to the rest of the planet. But apparently every 3rp person here transports elephants and needs a 6wd truck.

Of course I would be willing to buy local, I do it already for what I can. Drive less? Please! Why is driving still a "fun" thing to do? I do it because I have to! Build better and more connected communities and we could all save in gas and health...trains? Subways?
The goal should not be profit, but the community wellness and culture. that is what lasts and makes a nation "better" and an exaple for the rest of the world to follow. Otherways you're just repeting the empires of the past...and the don't last. The balance is in the middle...
Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06