Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - I haven't been this sore since the first day snowboarding...
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 12:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
fayewolf

Default I haven't been this sore since the first day snowboarding...

Really excited to ride squaw one last time for the season, and I'm not sure if it's me or the weather or a combination, it was not a good day

It was really cold, windy, dumping (thought it would be a good thing, but people said because the wind was strong and blew all the newly dumped snow away), it was super icy. So icy that I'm losing control, and I was riding super cautiously. Any fall would NOT be a good thing.

I haven't had a bad fall since the super beginning stage of boarding, but I caught my heel side once and fell on my right cheek, ouch. My butt is so sore, and I was exhausted, felt like I got ran over by a truck.

I saw good boarders and even instructors wiping out left and right.

Dissapointed!

Oh another thing, my goggles! So I have the Oakley A frame, pink iridium lens. It was windy and snowing and top of the mountain was basically a whiteout. I can barely see a thing. Outside of my goggle's all wet. But what bothers me the most is, I have no depth perception at all. I don't remember it being like this when it's sunny. I can't tell if there are bumps and it's throwing me around!
What color lens are better for this condition? Is it annoying to change lens or should I just get another pair of goggles?
fayewolf is offline   Reply With Quote