Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - You WILL be arrested for dancing in the Jefferson Memorial.
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 09:15 AM   #17 (permalink)
JeffreyCH
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Those people were/are idiots, I agree with Snowolf, it creates an escalation of the "us"vs. "them" mindset that is fucking things up for everyone else.

Prime example: We went camping a couple weeks ago at a local lake (keep in mind drinking is legal at the lakes here, just changed had been illegal for almost 20 years) We were camped next to group of 20somethings, and about 4pm a sheriffs cruiser pulls through real slow. We were the only 2 groups in the area, cop rolls right by us and stops by the group of kids, understandable, he checking id's. These kids wern't causing any problems at all, the 3 guys were fishing, and the 3 girls were just hanging out on the sand. Anyway, they started walking towards the parking lot, guys pulling thier wallets out, 2 girls digging in thier handbags and 1 girl had to get into her tent to get her wallet. The cop starts freaking out, yelling for her to get out of the tent. Started reaching for his gun as she was getting out, the poor girl was so flustered she kind of stumbled getting out of the tent. Cop grabs her, spun her around and slapped the cuffs on her then hauled her off to detox.

I watched the whole thing in disbelief. I guess maybe she should have went to the parking lot first and told the officer her id was in her tent. Still WTF, when you are doing nothing wrong you never really think of things like that, was just natural for her to go get her id when asked for it. that cop was so fucking paranoid, what did he think, a skinny little blond girl was gonna grab her gat and come out blazing?? Wish I had video of that, the d-bags in the vid had it coming and were looking for trouble, the young girl on the beach having beers with friends was not!! (and yes they were all over 21) I went over and talked to them, they were all bummed, didn't know anyone to call to sign her out of detox. I called one of my buddy's that was heading out anyway to stop, sign her out and give her a ride back out.