Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Good pipe gloves

6K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  myschims 
#1 ·
Im looking to get some gloves for the warmer days, something waterproof enough so that if i have to put my hands down its not going to be a problem. I just want them for warmer days like 20-50 degrees because i already have a pair of warm mittens for the cold days and for pow, so having a thinner cooler pair would be nice.
any recommendations would be awesome :D

#2 ·
Get something Gortex or leather. Do you need gauntlets or short cuffs? I'm guessing short cuff if its for warm weather. I have a couple pairs of Level gloves specifically for spring riding, though I can wear them year round with liners. They are pretty good, but they aren't waterproof. If you are putting your hands down a lot, you're going to soak through no matter what and you will tear up your gloves even if you have some super burly gloves like from Mountain Hardware.

#5 ·
Hmm, i found my POWs to be squishmittens to be honest. i bought them for spring riding and they would get wet from only touching the corn ice on my bindings.

I use Dakine Broncos and have found them to be almost light enough for spring/summer riding, but warm enough if it turns cold. They are gortex lines and ive never had troubles with moisture getting in.

#11 ·
Well I figured the grippy palm would keep out the water and I don't have to really worry about the backside because theyre just goin to be for some June spring riding so it will just be slush snow anyways. Any gloves you guys woul recommend around that price?

#12 ·
Really depends on what exactly you're after. I know a lot of guys who ride with thin pipe gloves for spring, which are literally just a skin over their hand. They aren't very waterproof though.

Personally I just use thinner winter gloves and deal with the little bit of sweat but it's a personal preference thing.

#15 ·
Do you prefer the thin skin style spring gloves or a more winter style glove but just really thin?

I use two gloves for spring and I swap between them depending on what I feel like.

1) Pow Villain - These are winter gloves but they're on the thin side so they do the job in spring as well, although I do sweat a bit inside them if it gets real warm.

2) Burton Pipe Glove - These are pretty much just a skin over your hand. It's not so much about waterproofing or keeping warm, more just the glove I wear when it's really hot spring weather and I don't want to grab my board with bare hands.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.