Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - quality vs. fashion
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 11:19 AM   #22 (permalink)
CheeseForSteeze
With extra cheese.

All the outerwear I've owned has lasted through all the abuse I could give it, aside from a pair of 686 Original Cargos I bought used. However, I think the prior owner put the shell in the dryer because the pant had a strange, stiff texture to it. It ended up ripping and soaking through.

Either way, most of the big brands should have high quality garbs you can buy in a style you like. Foursqure, Special Blend, Volcom, Quiksilver, 686, DC, Nomis, Analog etc. They all have outerwear with wide ranges of specs. I have a 686 2.5 Ply Smarty for days when the weather is hideous, otherwise I just wear my Nomis hoodies. Pants are 686 Original Cargo and Nomis Simon Signature Sag Out. Neither one has let me down, aside from the one 686 I got used, but that's no fault of the pants. I find I don't really need 20k waterproof, 10k and 15k are enough to stay dry unless you are riding through lots of deep pow stashes or it's wet and heavy.
CheeseForSteeze is offline   Reply With Quote