Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Man Drowns as Police and Firefighters Watch
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2011, 06:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
Deviant
Veteran Member

Default Man Drowns as Police and Firefighters Watch

Alameda police, firefighters watch as man drowns, blame budget cuts for being unable to respond | abc7news.com

Quote:
" Well, if I was off duty I would know what I would do, but I think you're asking me my on-duty response and I would have to stay within our policies and procedures because that's what's required by our department to do," Alameda Fire Div. Chief Ricci Zombeck said when asked by ABC7 if he would enter the water to save a drowning child.

Alameda firefighters could not even go into the water to get the body, so they waited until a woman in her 20s volunteered to bring the body back to the beach.

"The frustration is certainly understandable and I think the sensibility would be probably that we're going to evaluate our response protocols," Zombeck said.

Alameda fire officials say they are going to have a serious discussion about why Alameda, as an island city, does not have the ability to save people in danger in the water. FUCKING RETARDS.
Policies and budgets are more important than a human beings life? The only "hero" here is the 20 year old woman, who, in other reports is said to have tried to save him but he was dead before she could get him back.