Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Today I Hate Thread!
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 11:42 PM   #782 (permalink)
fattrav
Veteran Member

Caviet: I am all for supporting your local shops, and I in no way dislike Never Summer. Also, people are entitled to make a living.

Today. I hate the snow industry, monopolising and fucked up pricing.

Moan 1,
I gave some board selection advice to a guy on here, I suggested that he might like a Never Summer Legacy. Alas, the only place he's going to pick one up from in Australia is Cherri Pow. After my suggestion, I decided to do some maths. I googled Never Summer Legacy and took the first overseas price that google.com.au came up with, of an online shop with a price:

Never Summer Legacy - Snowboards - Compare Prices, Reviews and Buy at Nextag - Price - Review (unfortunately it wasn't in stock)

So, that's $500USD. Convert that to Australian for our man = $469.50AUD.

Here's Cherri Pows current price for a Never Summer Legacy: $849.00AUD (MENS)

So, there is a slight....$380 AUD difference in price there. Convert that difference back to USD = $405 extra above what the USA pays for the same board.

If the guy went for a Heritage in Aussie, advertised for $899AUD.... well, for $899AUD you could fucken near buy a USA Never Summer EVO....twice...thats one for each foot.

Yes, I realise the Australian guy probably has got to pay import duties and etc...but come on... Legacy/Legacy is almost 4/5 the total cost extra. Thats bullshit. And a damned ripoff.

Moan 2
A shop that have dealt with before has a Billabong jacket for sale:

BILLABONG2011 ATOM JACKET VELVET - Snow Hyper RIDE

$350NZD (thats a fucken good price for a jacket of that spec btw)...convert that to AUD = $268

Here is is in Australia (third jacket down):

Billabong Outerwear Mens | Boardworld

$350AUD....so....why did it all of a sudden cost jump of 82 dollars?

Im not sure of why all this shit seems to jump price in Aussie, or NZ for that matter (Burton Custom $1049NZD/$857.00 USD....a $330USD increase to the Burton.com site). I realise that its getting shipped from factories up the other end of the world, but in the case of the Boards...the frieght per board isn't going to be that much. I realise that people have to make a living off of selling shit and all, but man, when you see to price difference the term "no lube" springs to mind. Fucken Dumb!

endrant\

Last edited by fattrav; 06-09-2011 at 11:46 PM.
fattrav is offline   Reply With Quote