Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bridger Bowl?
Thread: Bridger Bowl?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 10:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
killclimbz
Veteran Member

I think for anything similar, you are probably going to have to venture into Canaduh. Which in general, their resorts in the west are much bigger than most anything in the US. Jackson is the only real competitor.

Some of the far corner areas of Colorado sort of fit the bill. Durango has Purgatory right there, but I wouldn't call Purg a great moutain. Silverton and Wolf Creek are around an hour to 90 minutes away. Something like that, I I have only made that drive in the area a couple of times. The backcountry off of Red Mountain pass is pretty damn amazing. Great terrain and there are all sort of abandoned mining camps all over the place. Which are pretty neat to ride by on your tour. Telluride is doable too. Durango is a pretty chill college town. It's also completely different terrain than what you find in the Front Range. Summit, Vail, etc. So if you are looking states you might look around there. Crowds in the Durango area are definitely not an issue.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote