Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Ride machete 2009-2010

4K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  threej21 
#1 ·
Hey,
After a long time of search I found on a local store the RIDE Machete 160cm 2009-2010. I want to ask if anyone knows if it will fit me because I am 80kg and 183cm. I need a longer, a smaller or it's ok? One more thing, is it similar with the 2010-2011 machete?

#2 ·
if my conversion is correct you are 6 feet tall and 175#..obviously diff riding styles can adjust the board size but i think that would work or maybe go a little shorter, but dont think you'd wanna go bigger. for example im 6 feet and 200# and i ride a ride kink 156 and actually also have a machete 157 and personally dont like anything much bigger. and if i remember correctly there was one small change b/t the 2010 and 2011 machete but dont think it makes the ride completely different or anything

#4 ·
The change is the pop rods I believe. Overall board performance should be similar to the 10-11 model, just a little less poppy perhaps. (I think the Ride forums went pretty indepth on it).

You could probably make a 160 cm work, but, if the guy's conversions are right (sorry, didn't check), it might be a bit stiff for what you're looking for.

Overall, a 157 cm would most likely work better, but if it's cheap you could make it work.

(I'm personally usually 2-3 cm over what most people suggest for my height and weight, but I like longer, stiffer sticks so... ;))

#6 ·
Go in with your boots and some bindings (if you don't want to bring bindings, they'd probably provide them). Ask them to set it up and see if it'll fit with your angles. I've got 11.5 boots as well (K2 Darkos) and I can fit on some regular style boards because of my angles (-15, 21 or -15, 15).

Best case scenario, they fit. Worst case is that you have to keep looking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.