Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

8" of June powder/slush!

2K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  Steez 
#1 ·
I heard Berthoud Pass got 8-9" of snow last night, so after work today I couldn't resist the urge to go up there and try to get one last powder run on what has been an epic powder season.

What I found was 4-5" of wet, heavy pow on top of about 3" of slush. Great conditions? No. Great conditions for June? Hell yes!

See less See more
#3 ·
Damn, were you the only person up there? Looks like there is still a ton of snow on top of the pass. Did you get to scope out the lower parking on the North side for Current Creek? I'm thinking that is probably melted out down there but maybe not.

Judging from your pics, Russel, No Name, Corner Pocket, XYZ's and the like have to still be in great shape.

#9 ·
That's fine by me. Yesterday I was one and done. It was alright, but I deemed it not worthy of another hike up. Plus, there was little to no traffic on the pass, so I wasn't willing to risk the old hitch hiking routine.

I just hiked up and rode down pretty much what was the old Mainline run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.