Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Bataleon 2012 Q & A
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 08:19 PM   #212 (permalink)
Wiredsport
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc_worm View Post
wired---thx for all of your expertise. can you take a look:

riding experience: 6 years
level: high intermediate
stats: 6'1", 200lbs, size 12 boot (before clothes, helmet, boots, etc)
stance: dont necessarily need a wide board. i usually ride all the way out (i am very long legged) and am naturally duck footed, so toe drag hasnt been an issue yet.
locations: primarily Rockies, take 3-4 trips a year. love JHole, and the Cottonwood Canyons of UT.
conditions: almost always off the groomers, hikes to fresh lines, and into the trees hunting for pow stashes, greens and most blues need not apply.
style: in typical coniditions---go to the top and conquer/jump everything in my path on the way down from hits to jibs to small drops and natural half pipes. like to haul tail. loved the stash parks at JHole. butter my way across groomers in between tree lines. if there is park or pipe in my path it will get my attention, but i usually dont hot lap until the end of the day or during really sub par conditions on the rest of the mountain.
current quiver: Undisputed 167, Smokin Big Wig 162. (have owned a bunch of bananas also).

goal: i fell in love with my TBT undisputed last year. i also had a ripping time on my GFs 159 Omni. i intend to keep my Undisputed for the deep pow days and replace my Big Wig with a TBT board for the average days. The Riot and Goliath (as due the ETAE and the Whatever) have my attention, but i am concerned about one being too noodly and the other being too stiff. i would really consider anything. from descriptions, i have the riot #1, and the goliath #2. What are your thoughts?
First off, a GF with a 159 Omni sounds awwwrite from here. Nice find!

Riot 159 Wide will be insane for you. The Goliath 160 Wide would be unreal as a one board quiver, but you already have major freeride covered and the Riot is untouchable as a big guy all over freestyle power board.

PS: take the extra cm of width and go with the wide. It will work better at any stance with size 12.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote