Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

New Board For Beginner Female Friend

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  lilfoot1598 
#1 ·
I have a female friend who is just starting to snowboard and my girlfriend and I think it would be nice to suprise her with a new board.
I am not 100% sure what would be best board and binding wise. She is 5'5"ish and weighs 60-odd kgs. In the GNUs i was thinking a 148 B-Nice. Not sure what bindings.
Any suggestions?

#2 ·
148-149 sounds about right for size.

For other recommendations, I'd put the Burton Feelgood Flying V into the mix. It's a really nice all mountain board that works anywhere.

As far a bindings go, the two bindings that I'd put into the recommendations would be the K2 Auto Agogo and the Burton Lexa. They're both really great bindings.

#3 ·
How much riding has she done? Where does she spend most of her time (park, freeriding, jumps, etc)?

In general, the B-Nice is an excellent beginner board. Ride Vxns are good bindings for a decent price. Otherwise, check out Rome Madisons, Burton Lexas, and Union Milans.

#4 ·
She's only done a couple of days but she has skied before and she's enjoying snowboarding. I doubt she will be a park rat, jumps at the most i think. Other than that she'll mostly be on groomers. In Aus we don't really have much of a choice but we get by...

The hardpack here is why i'd want to get her a gnu. Also, the madisons look about right.
At the moment it looks like a b-nice 148 with madisons

Cheers guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.