Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Doing a 180
Thread: Doing a 180
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 10:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
slyder
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
there are no "rotated or counter-rotated" spins in snowboarding. its frontside and backside.
Don't agree with this.
one uses a rotation of your entire body, the other uses arms rotating against the legs or hips to stop the rotation.

To Steez's question. I also ride goofy and I think a front 180 is easiest to start. It is a smaller rotation and can be done off flat ground or off a jump or small hill/side hit. I hope your switch riding is good since you will be landing regular to ride off.
Practice in your garage, bedroom, basement just jumping the motion. I still do this quite often. You can then add your board and try jumping it, just lay a blanket, mat or carboard down or do it on the grass to get the feel of the added drag of your board and boots.

Like Donutz I also bought SA's videos and absolutely love them. I feel for me they have been a great teaching tool. Many members have also pointed me into the right direction when I asked for advice or evaluation on my form.

When you do this on the hill or are looking for more input remember to add a video it is so much easier to critique and give advice after seeing you actually perform the move. I got blasted for some bad straight airs videos I posted, but it was all true and helped me to correct my bad form early.

Good luck and have fun
-Slyder