Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Grabs
Thread: Grabs
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 08:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cr0_Reps_Smit
Veteran Member

Taipan

another one of my top 5 grabs is the taipan, i generally only do them with backside 180s now cause i find it easier to just kinda go with the rotation but before i learned that i did just do them with straight airs all the time and its not much harder.

its kinda similar to the crail in that i bone out my front leg but instead of boning it straight out like the crail i kind of suck up both my legs and just poke front foot as far out in front of me as i can. the only reason for doing this, aside from looking steezier when boned, is that its pretty much the only way you can even get your hand in there enough to grab the board. then to counter act your spin you just have to keep your eyes on the landing which will in turn keep your shoulders pointed that way as much as they can.

after you master this grab it was very easy to turn into a back 180 simply by looking back behind you after locking in the grab. when i do this i will still spot my landing in front of me slightly but not quite as much as if i was doing a straight air and then towards the end ill look back behind me. this is to slow down the spin enough so you dont over rotate by looking back as soon as you pop off the lip.