Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - which of your boards saw most rides this year?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 11:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
AAA

I rode my 182 Coiler NSR2 alpine ride exclusively. I threw softie setups; a 160 Donek Incline and my old Burton ride, in the back of the truck as alternate rides on several occassions, but never broke them out. The board has a progressive sidecut (15-meter avg-ish), a metal (titanal) core, latest decambered tip/tail race design, and is just incredible. Wicked, wicked fast and crazy damp edgehold with perfect entry and release. I'm all about feeling speed and heavy G-forces in deep carves, and brother that board gives it. I'm not having fun until I'm sucking wind at the bottom of each run. Skidding runs doesn't do it for me. I knew it was fast (always glide by people on flats, carve past others on the hill, etc.), but I didn't realize how much so until I was at an alpine group event this season. All of the riders were on 160- or 170-ish alpine boards, and all kept commenting how they couldn't keep up with me, which I noticed as well as I'd pass them. Our skill levels were all on par with each other, but it was the board that made the difference. No plans to change up for the coming year.

Last edited by AAA; 07-07-2011 at 11:13 PM.
AAA is offline   Reply With Quote