Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - burton custom vs custom flying v
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 01:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Snowfox
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keljai View Post
l'm looking at getting the custom but cant decide which to get. I will be riding some icy conditions in spring so l'm leaning towards the regular. but l figured new tech... should be able to handle it since its a hybrid.

Also how much feet of snow before a rocker board is required for pow riding? l might get some during early dec so thats why l cant decide.

l'm also 5.7 about 150. you think a 154 will work for me?
While there certainly are other choices as the poster above me mentioned, the Burton Customs are good boards to look at as well.

Now, to answer your questions, the custom regular is always going to be better than the hybrid at ice because of the camber design. At the same time, the hybrid won't be nearly as unstable as if it was just a pure rocker board.

In terms of how many feet of snow is "required", there is no answer. People have been hitting huge pow lines with camber boards for years. It simply comes down to how often you think you'll be riding in powder, as a rocker or hybrid design will help with float immensely! If it's only once or twice, it might be worth just getting the regular custom as the edge control on the groomers will be preferable. If you're a powder hound, then you'll probably want to go with the rocker.

Not sure about the size issue to be honest. And if you want some other recommendations, feel free to ask.
Snowfox is offline   Reply With Quote