Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Need help with board choice
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 04:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
turbospartan

I definitely do not think that a rockered/hybrid board would make you "regress" at all.

I actually think it would make things a lot more "fun" again, as compared to a regular camber board a rockered/hybrid is a lot more loose of a feel, but in a good way. You control the board under your feet (like a skateboard) instead of letting the tips/tails leading the way.

I went from a Ride All Mountain 155 from like 2002 or 2003, to a 2010 Banana Magic (which does not have the full "C2", but is a hybrid where it is rockered in the middle, regular camber around the feet, and rockered again at the tips) and the Magic outshines the Ride in every way imagineable (which it should, as it is 8-9 years newer).

The thing carves harder than any board I've ever ridden. That may be because of the magnetraction or whatever, but when you're carving it feels like you're on rails.

So I definitely wouldn't worry about anything regarding a reverse camber board... do it. They are fun.
turbospartan is offline   Reply With Quote