Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Aspen , Park city or Tahoe.
View Single Post
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 12:59 PM
b_to_the_c

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
Funny statement.

Aspen is the nightlife spot for ski areas in the US. Only Whistler has a bigger scene. Breck is a backwater dump in comparison. In fact it doesn't compare to what Aspen has. Of course Aspen comes at a premium. If you are looking at it from that angle, Breck is going to cost you less.

The riding terrain at Aspen kicks all sorts of @$$ over Breck too. Breck is such a flat boring hill. The three biggies (Ajax, Snowmass, Highlands)at Aspen have better terrain than almost all of Summit County.
if you can get yourself to whistler, do it. i went there back in january, and the scene there is ridiculous. i even found someone to buy some herb from in the village. the riding there is unbelievable as well. you may even have a better shot at some good snow there than you would in colorado that time of year. i've never been to aspen so i don't really have much basis for comparison, but i spend a lot of time in breck. if you like just going to a bar and maybe shooting a couple games of pool or something, then it's fine, but if you're into clubs and stuff it's probably not your thing.