Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - My Custom Worries Me!!
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 12:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Werk One

Question My Custom Worries Me!!

Let me start by saying that I am fairly new to the snowboarding scene and I had just started Jan of '08. I can say that I picked up pretty quickly using the rentals (after a few falls, and was able to carve decently, basically do all the normal stuff. So I decided to purchase some gear of my own to save me the trouble of always having to rent stuff. There was this deal online for an '08Burton Custom 154 (I'm 170 lbs. BTW)with Burton Mission bindings. My buddy says it's a great deal so I bought it. I took it to the slopes and all I can say is that it felt kinda awkward to the point where wasn't sure if I would be able to ride the thing down the mountain. I ate it a couple times and my friend says that the board is very responsive and stiffer than the rentals. It may have also been the stance positioning and width. So my concern is would I still be able to learn on this board or will it hinder my progress with snowboarding? Is the board a good length for my weight? Any advice is appreciated.