Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Ride DH2 vs Machete
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 06:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
dkzach

Well im guessing that you want to get the 2012 DH2, but if you feel like saving money I can tell you a bit about the old DH2 ( 2009 )

First the 09 dh2 is reverse camber and directional twin.

This model is Awesome for jumps! but the best thing about the board is its float in powder and the sick graphic. I would say that the board is not the greatest jibbing board but its not that bad. Basically because of the directional twin shape it gives you massive pop off jumps but at the same time you can still do pretty good nose presses. Also did I mention you can go freaking fast! and feel totally in control!( well you do loose just a little when charging in switch on a big feature) This board made me WANT to scream HELLSYEAH.

Though I haven't ridden the 2012 DH2 it looks like they fixed everything I wanted them to ( True Twin, Hybrid rocker, and a little more stiffness,) An almost perfect jump board ...... If only they made the top sheet out of plaid again....

I think your decision is basically how big you want to go! if your hitting 60+ jumps go with the DH2 other wise i think the machete will be good two it did win the board of the year award... at least that's my opinion.
dkzach is offline   Reply With Quote