Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Which is more important right now- a balanced budget, or low unemployment?
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 08:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
tekniq33
Veteran Member

We are seeing the ultimate manifestation of bullshit partisan politics. Politicians are only concerned with getting elected and I don't believe they can see clearly beyond that. Even if some republicans know the right thing to do, they got elected on no raising taxes platform and if they go against it, they will be called out in the next election and most likely lose. I believe we should elect people who are smarter than us and trust them to make the right decisions. Unfortunately, this country elects people they "want to have a beer with" or who tell stupid jokes about hockey moms.

cut spending, increase taxes on the WEALTHY (not this $250k crap, move to NYC and tell me that is wealthy) and most importantly revamp the corporate tax structure so that a) the overall tax rate is not one of the highest in the world and b)to remove loopholes that have companies paying very little taxes. Hopefully this leads to increased corporate tax collections and the lower rate encourages more companies to grow within the US.