Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - New board + binding + boot setup for beginner
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 04:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
chiggah

Default New board + binding + boot setup for beginner

Hi guys

I just started and I would say I am an improving beginner for all-mountain terrain. Still learning the S-turns tho but I got my heel down for the falling leaf. Now working on my toe side. I don't do any tricks or whatever yet.

1st day - went up to a man-made indoor slope/park
2nd day - went up to the mountains (lower)
3rd day - went up to upper mountains

This was all using my friends gear but i think his board length is too long (162cm). Now I am looking to get my own gear - I prefer second hand gear as they are much cheaper and I don't have to invest in $1000+ on starting gear. However, my budget can stretch up to $500 depending on model & condition.

I am 180cm tall, 75kg weight and about US 9 feet, wont be growing anymore. Would I be a 156cm-158cm board length non wide..?

I've been reading up a bit and looking at lib tech banana boards, never summer, burton custom, ride, flux, raiden, Rome, flow bindings, nike kaiju, salomon F22 boots etc but not sure which direction to go..? Before I buy anything, I do thorough research and readings before jumping into it - it's my habit. I just want to make sure the board is suitable for my skill level and mountain condition.

If someone can point me to the right direction on what I should be really looking at, that'd be great. I am open to suggestions as well. Any advice about board/boot/binding model/type will be super!

James
New Zealand

Last edited by chiggah; 07-19-2011 at 04:10 PM.
chiggah is offline   Reply With Quote