Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Review: 2012 Never Summer Proto CT
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 11:03 AM   #391 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezstyle88 View Post
Looking for some input on this board. Going out to utah next season and looking to replace my 2011 skate banana 156w with the proto ctx 155? Any advice for me on this board? Seems like a legit quiver killer. Does anyone recommend keeping the banana over the proto for utah or should i just try and get rid of it?

I am leaning towards the 155 as I am 6'1" 155lbs and I have heard it rides a little longer. I'm probably about a 50/50 split between park and freeriding. I like to rip and do some jibbing here and there and I mess around with jumps up to like 40ft.
I like the Proto much better than the Skate Banana, but the Evo would be a closer comparison based on flex. The Proto is stiffer than the Skate Banana. I don't consider the Evo or Skate a quiver killer. I do consider the Proto as one though. It's definitely my do-it-all board now. You'll probably enjoy the Proto for jumps a lot more than the Skate. My two cents (I don't hit 40 footers lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blankknight View Post
hey there leo great review i'm thinking of getting the proto whenever it comes out( if anyone knows how i can get my hands on one early like some people have already would really like to know) as for size i could use some help.
i'm 5'10 1/2. 183lbs but on a diet so that is dropping and will until the season starts. i have a gnu 157 now and was wondering if i should try a little shorter or stay at 157 for the proto.
planing on doing mostly groomers. but would like to start jibbing and buttering while hitting small/medium jumps.not doing any big kickers till i get more comfortable with jumps
thanks for any advice guys

I'm 180lbs and love the 157. Rather than size down so you can learn jibs and butters, why not consider the Evo? It's a softer flexing board that still handles the groomers well. It's better than the Proto in terms of jibs and butters due to the softer flex.

Unless you want a one board quiver. Then the Proto would be a better choice.