Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Demos
Thread: Demos
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 12:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
legends6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarder boy View Post
The weekend was the first time i've ridden anything other than mervin since i've been any good at snowboarding, so the turn around in my mind is probably a little more extreme than is perhaps warranted. I maintain that they are heavy boards compared to the nitro but I can't speak more highly of my carbon credit as an entry level board. I suppose having liked the nitro so much i felt a sense of liberation but obviously based on mervin's following they suit plenty of people and they would be more so in the mix in my mind if i were riding pow and as you said, big mt more often.

Also, you are absoloutely correct about trying before you buy. Each brand has a different feel and i will probably get demos most days i head up for the rest of the aus season. demo days are a god send!
your reviews are full of flaws. u already admit that the boards you tried are way too big for you.... so why not try something your size and then compare apple to apple?
also i agree there's not a single board in mervin's line up that i would jib/park with... their boards are best for riding and is one of the best at that. take a suv on to the track doesn't make sense. nor is taking a porsche off roading. they each have their own purposes
legends6spd is offline   Reply With Quote