Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Chairlift games!!

105K views 263 replies 157 participants last post by  xxethanblazexx 
G
#1 ·
what do you guys do on the chairlifts?

#130 ·
during the spring drop snowballs on people.
mess with my music, get my gloves and shit more comftorable
when its the end of the day and everyone is almost gone i sleep on the lift. I let my board dangle put my other foot on the lift and my head on seat, this only works with a 4 seater.
at whiteface: do whatever possible to keep out of the wind.

#132 ·
let's see, in chronological order:

-try to make sure I don't get clocked by the over-zealous saftey bar droppers
-take off the gloves, take off the helmet, open the jacket and vent, watching the steam rise
-fiddle with the tunes
-take a swig of genepi or whiskey (sometimes a mix of both) from the flask
-watch the crazy polskis and other eastern europeans who frequent our resort bomb the black runs at mach 3 with ski's that look like they should be in a museum
-check out the features all around me, sight the next line or lines that may be possible on the next pow day
-turn around to check out the valley bellow, watch the skies to see whats goin on with the weather
-zip up the jacket toss on the helmet and synch up the gloves
-strap in near the top so I can hop off and get ridden and not have to sit on my butt

#138 ·
I threw firecrackers off a lift one day :D that was fun:rolleyes: but other than that, talk, or watch the video clips from the last run.

#140 ·
So it appears that 80% of the people on here are raging alcoholics. I swear every other person says they have a flask with them, i have never been on the chairlift with somone and they pulled out a flask. Alot of times a beer from the bar and its their first ride up after lunch, but a stash of hard A lol? Is snowboarding really that boring that you drink on the lift...well mabye on the ice coast:cheeky4:

Usually on the lift we decide what run/side of the mountain we r going to next, or if i can see the run we r doing i like to scout a line and see some natural features to try and hit. After thats done we usually yell and talk and general BS. If we see somone fall we yell at them "you dropped your pocket!" then they start looking for it, and soon realize just what we said. Then they look back at us in that confused/angry face and we laugh even harder.

#141 ·
So it appears that 80% of the people on here are raging alcoholics. I swear every other person says they have a flask with them, i have never been on the chairlift with somone and they pulled out a flask. Alot of times a beer from the bar and its their first ride up after lunch, but a stash of hard A lol? Is snowboarding really that boring that you drink on the lift...well mabye on the ice coast:cheeky4:
Fuck you... :mad:

#156 ·
Where do I begin... slide down so your holding onto the chair with your legs dangling, kick eachother with the bar down, grab a giant lemonade bottle and every time somebody sits under you, you yell "Make it rain!" and shake it all over them, scream "MOMMY! I'M ON THE LIFT!" when theres only 1 girl and like 80 guys around, be obnoxious to bad people, just about anything really. My friends and I were thinking of making videos on youtube called "Chair Lift Adventures"... we do stupid shit.

#157 ·
Kick snow off my board onto gapers passing under me tearing up the features in the park.
Yell "meet me at the bottom" to my friends.
Play with the I-Pod to watch snowboarding videos (mainly Sunday In The Park or the latest Game of In Your Face)
Strap in my back foot.
Watch the regular park rats throw down and wish I could do that.
Scoot douches to avoid.
Make weird noises which sometimes results in other people making them back until the entire lift sounds like a pack of howling monkeys.
Sit there wishing we had powder to ride instead of ice.
Stair at the 65-70 foot kicker in our park and wish I could do more than straight air it.
Wish I had a new Park Board.
Think about jumping off the lift.
If I am on one of the quads for a trail run try to strike up conversation.

#158 ·
Enjoy the scenery
Contemplate life
Watch everyone who's better than me and get depressed
If my friends are in the chair ahead we'll take snow from our snowboard and have a snowball fight. Sometimes we also have random awkward conversations that we yell to each other and people just stare at us.

#159 · (Edited)
Pack a bowl for the first stop on the way down.

Tell any strangers on the lift how much of a gaper my buddy is.

Offend/Amuse tourons to my own ultimate amusement.

Listen to rat-tail guy tell me about the "spot" on the radar that may turn epic in an hour or two, or the latest cloud seeding theories.

Or the always awesome "I work for Vail resorts ....[insert insider cool guy knowledge]" at which point I generally check my phone and helmet volume to make sure my tracks are on point and loud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.